McAfee is one of the renowned antivirus manufacturing brands that not only provides effective virus removal solutions but also lets you effectively use your PC without slowing it up. With one McAfee product, you can safeguard a lot of devices based on the chosen subscription. Users can also use its mobile security products if they own a mobile device that has essential data over it. However, sometimes the available McAfee product might not work on your device as it should be. In that scenario, it is better to get rid of McAfee using the McAfee removal tool.
You can use this tool if the method to uninstall McAfee Windows 10 fails using the normal procedure. If the McAfee product available on your device is showing abrupt error messages or you are not able to use any of its features, then it is time to get rid of it. However, for this, one must know how to get rid of McAfee and its related files. So, next up we shall learn how to remove McAfee. “covid-19”
How to uninstall McAfee?
Prior to using the McAfee uninstall tool, you can try to uninstall McAfee using the basic process:
- In the search box of your Windows, type “Settings”
- From the results that appear, choose the “Settings” option
- Now, from the “Settings” menu, choose “Apps”
- Look for the McAfee application or search for it
- Now, select it and choose “Uninstall”
- To confirm your action, click “Uninstall” again
- Now, close the application and restart your device
If you are unable to remove McAfee from your device using these instructions, you can use the McAfee removal tool. Following are the details about using McAfee uninstall tool. Read Also >> McAfee vs Norton: Which is better in 2020. “covid-19”
McAfee Removal Tool – McAfee Uninstaller
If the Windows Settings menu fails to help you, then McAfee removal tools can do the task. McAfee Consumer Product Removal tools (MCPR) are compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
However, please note that McAfee uninstall tools do not work on Windows 98 or Windows ME.
- McAfee Total Protection
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- McAfee AntiSpyware
- McAfee Data Backup
- McAfee SpamKiller
- McAfee VirusScan
- McAfee QuickClean
- McAfee PC Protection Plus
- McAfee VirusScan Plus
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee SecurityCenter
- McAfee SiteAdvisor
- McAfee Anti-Spam
- McAfee Wireless Protection
- McAfee Personal Firewall
- McAfee Privacy Service
What is the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool?
If you do not know what the McAfee removal tool is and how to remove McAfee using this tool, then you should note that it is a tool that lets you get rid of McAfee products that are hard to remove. You can easily download and use this tool for the purpose of removing the leftover files of McAfee as well as the product itself. The tool can be easily downloaded from the official website of McAfee. Once you download it, you can run it to get rid of the desired McAfee products.
How to uninstall McAfee using the McAfee Removal Tool?
To use the McAfee uninstall or product removal tool, you can continue with the steps given below:
- The first thing you need to do is open a browser
- Using that particular browser, you can go to the official website of McAfee
- After that, look for the McAfee product i.e. MCPR tool
- After locating the product, download and install it
- When the product removal screen opens, click on the “Next” option
- As soon as the End User License Agreement opens, click “Agree”
- On the next screen, provide the code for Captcha and click “Next”
- Wait until the product runs over your device and cleans McAfee files
- Now, you may see one of the two options: “Removal Complete” or “Cleanup Unsuccessful”
- If you see the first message, you will be prompted to restart the PC
- If you see the later one, then you may need to install the tool once again
- Make sure you download a fresh copy of the McAfee Removal Tool every time you want to use it
This is how you use and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool. If this tool fails the stipulated task, then you may remove this tool and download its fresh copy on your device. If you use the old version of the tool, then you will not be able to get rid of the product successfully.
IMPORTANT: The users are suggested to install one of the McAfee Security products on their devices after uninstalling the problematic McAfee product. Keeping your device without applying any protection will make it vulnerable and open a gate for the entry of viruses.
Below is the list of McAfee Removal Tools that come in handy when you want to uninstall the McAfee products:
- McAfee AntiVirus Removal Tool
- McAfee AntiSpyware Removal Tool
- McAfee Internet Security Removal Tool
- McAfee Personal Firewall Removal Tool
- McAfee Total Protection Removal Tool
- McAfee Virus Scan Removal Tool
Today we have learned that how we can use McAfee Removal Tool if we wish to get rid of any McAfee product that is available on our device. This tool comes into action when certain McAfee files are not Mcafee removed by using the usual method. However, if you are still left with any queries, then you may navigate to the official website of McAfee and get to know more about how to uninstall McAfee from a Windows or Mac device.